July Book Club (How Long 'til Black Future Month?)
How Long ‘til Black Future Month by N.K. Jemisin
Genre: Science Fiction
Length: 400 pages
Limited spots available.
Deadline to subscribe: June 29th, 2021
Tea-book kit available: July 1st, 2021
Book + CommuniTea online meet-up and experience: Sunday, July 25, 2021
We’re excited to launch our second tea-book series with this collection of short stories – extraordinary short stories – connected through a common thread of community, revolution, justice, revelation, and so much more. Dragons and hateful spirits haunt the flooded city of New Orleans in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. In a parallel universe, a utopian society watches our world, trying to learn from our mistakes. A black mother in the Jim Crow south must figure out how to save her daughter from a fey offering impossible promises. Wielding sci-fi, fantasy, magic, and science as her tools for storytelling, Hugo award winner N.K. Jemison takes us through life-changing events from points of view and lived experiences that are out of this world, literally!
Included in your tea-book kit are:
- This month’s feature book
- This month’s featured teas (one caffeinated, one decaf), their history, creation, and connection to the book
- 2 Paired small business goodies (art prints, stickers, bookmarks, enamel pins, etc.)
- Participation in this month’s small group book club meeting facilitated by Linda and Friday – offering meaningful conversation, human connection, and shared learning centered around our featured book
- Insights from a special guest – perhaps an artist, academic, or global visitor – to bring a unique perspective to the conversation
Your valuable support for local business – all Books + Communi-Tea kits are sourced from local, small businesses