August Book Club (Don't Date Rosa Santos)
Don’t Date Rosa Santos by Nina Moreno
Genre: New Adult Romance
Length: 336 pages
Limited spots available.
Deadline to subscribe: July 29th, 2021
Tea-book kit available: August 2nd, 2021
Book + CommuniTea online meet-up and experience: Sunday, August 22, 2021
Rosa Santos is cursed by the sea, at least, that's what they say. When her grandparents migrated from Cuba when her mother was an infant, storms hit their boat, and only Rosa's grandmother and mother survived. This event set in motion a multitude of events that has left Rosa feeling unanchored, seeking love but at the same time fearful of it. She finds herself caught between cultures and choices. Between her abuela, a beloved healer; her mother, an artist who crashes in and out of her life; and Alex Aquino, a mysterious boy with tattoos of the ocean whose family owns the marina. Rosa’s heart, family, and future all collide in this contemporary romance – in many ways, a love letter to Cuba, to diaspora, and to complicated families.
Included in your tea-book kit are:
- This month’s feature book
- This month’s featured teas (one caffeinated, one decaf), their history, creation, and connection to the book
- 2 Paired small business goodies (art prints, stickers, bookmarks, enamel pins, etc.)
- Participation in this month’s small group book club meeting facilitated by Linda and Friday – offering meaningful conversation, human connection, and shared learning centered around our featured book
- Insights from a special guest – perhaps an artist, academic, or global visitor – to bring a unique perspective to the conversation
Your valuable support for local business – all Books + Communi-Tea kits are sourced from local, small businesses